Many smokers often like to compare these two different ways to enjoy tobacco. I love them both, and I think they both have their place.
Lets look at some advantages and disadvantages of pipe smoking:
- It will save you a lot of money in the long run. Pipe tobacco requires much less labor to make, making it a cheap but nevertheless luxurious.
- It takes more time to learn how to learn to smoke a pipe effectively. It's more difficult than cigar smoking, which can be a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it. If you get good at it, pipe smoking can be just as fun as cigar smoking. Some like it even more. It just takes a little patience.
- Smoking a pipe is perfect for those times when you just want to take some time and think about things.
- Like I said, it's not as difficult, meaning you won't have to tend to the tobacco as much and you may find it more relaxing. There's no need to tamp the tobacco, it's already been done for you.
- Cigar smoke generally has a much more stout flavor than pipe smoke. I like them both, depending on what I'm craving at the moment.
- Smoking a cigar is perfect for those times when you want to celebrate the birth of your son or daughter.